I recently saw a patient admitted in the hospital. As I was inquiring about the condition that had brought her to the hospital she recalled that she had seen her primary care physician several months back several tests ordered but had never received a call back. She had assumed that everything was OK. But now here she was admitted into the hospital for the same condition. And by all appearances, things may have gotten worse.
At first I was a little taken aback by her laidback response. Then it occurred to me that perhaps there are many people, just like my patient who were operating under the same old adage, ‘No news is good news’.
And so I guess the real question is this, ‘Is no news ever good news’ when it comes to your healthcare? And the answer is absolutely not!
In today’s video, I share with you the reasons why:
You may also enjoy the following articles:
What do you think? Do you think it is important to get regular communications from your healthcare provider after you have tests done? Do you get all your questions answered after your test results are available?
Until next time,
Here’s to your Health and Wellbeing,
Latest posts by Dr. Eno (see all)
- How to get unstuck and become unstoppable - March 20, 2014
- What if having a great life was your only job? - July 17, 2013
- Ep 78- When is no news from your healthcare provider ever good news? - April 24, 2013
- The gift of caring for a loved one with a chronic illness - March 20, 2013
- Ep 77- Women’s Heart Health and Spirtuality - February 13, 2013